Thursday, January 22, 2009

Staying inside and keeping warm

I ventured into the Stitchin' Post for some sock needles and a little bit of yarn followed me home. There is a loop hole in my goal for this year concerning yarn purchases. I will need to be more specific ... next year.







It is possible that we are heading toward Spring (although I did find myself the other morning counting out the months of winter left to go and thinking that there weren't enough). I am noticing a bit of yellow in my next two project; a sure sign of a transition. This past summer, every project I started contained green. Then I began working with teal and incorporating blue into my projects. Then as you've witnessed, blue was it. This project is a cozy cowl for my friend Beth. I hope it helps to keep her warm!

I am happy to report that I am making great progress on a recently started sweater. Here is a quick preview. A great benefit of the cold temperatures outside and a collective hybernation amongst your friends is that there is plenty of time left for drinking tea, watching to see what birds come to the feeders and knitting. And there has been a lot of knitting.






And who wouldn't want to get back inside when you have this guy waiting for you!









No comments:

Post a Comment